Friday, June 7, 2013

Period Party in Soho.

last weekend, my friend lindsay invited me to the period store party in soho.
i was a little unsure about attending a party all about periods...can you say awkward!?
the owners of the store are good friends of lindsays and this was their official grand opening.
you're probably wondering, what the heck is a period store!?
i'll fill you in.
basically they send a beautiful package every month before your time of the month
every package is filled with things that help get you excited about your period
things like gourmet chocolate, art work, product, ect. 
they've said...
"periods can be lame--we're striving to make them a little more enjoyable".
i have to say i think it's a brilliant idea.
the party ended up being so much fun. we were laughing all night.
lindsay and i enjoyed the clever food and decor probably a little too much. 
 fallopian tube cookies.
 the three owners of the period store.
 tampon-weenies. ha!
 couldn't resist the photo op.
one of the owners of the period store is a hair stylist in paris.
she was braiding hair in exchange for period stories. love it!
lindsay got her hair braided and it looked so cute.
wishing i had a picture of the finished product.
the pad and tampon headpiece masterpiece.
i still don't want to throw mine away... it's been a week!

2 comments:

Brittany LeSueur said...

Oh my gosh Lauren..I saw this on instagram and it immediately had me cracking up!! what a clever idea. I think I need some of these boxes...preferably the ones with the gourmet chocolate. ;)

mb said...

I ammmm DYING over the half mannequins, oh my goodness. Absolutely hilarious.